Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sick again ... more sporatic posting and lame excuses.

It seems that I'm about as healthy as the Detroit 3. But hey, that means lazy blogger is ok! So here are some old Toyota ads.

Let's start with this gem: in Japan, there's a whole genre of ads where a western movie star says a token word or two, and drives a car around in a usually nonsensical situation. I can't embed these videos (sorry), so make the jump over to Jalopnik and enjoy watching Roger Moore drive the crap out of a Toyota Corona. Trust me, it's worth watching the whole thing.

And in this amazing, absurd song-and-dance commercial, you'll notice even the strange looking team of muscle-men like front wheel drive. "Oh what a feeling!" indeed.

Uh, this one? I like old Celicas probably more than anyone, but this ad does not want to make me buy one. I agree with Jalopnik that the swinging mailbox that makes it nighttime is a little absurd.

Basically, after seeing this ad about a Corolla FX from outer space, I can't believe anyone bought Toyotas at all!

0 Responses: